Many people have asked me how do they choose the best dropshipping course in Singapore. Living in Singapore, I do know enrolling in a dropshipping course can sometimes cause you a leg and hand maybe because we are one of the most expensive cities in Singapore. Here are five important factors in Choosing The Best Dropshipping Course In Singapore.
- Due Diligence – Make sure you go online and research on the guru background and how successful his or her students are doing. In this time and era, there are still a lot of snake oil salesmen out there.
- Cost – This will really depend on how much are you willing to spend to upgrade yourself. Expensive cost doesn’t mean the best while cheap course like the one I took at udemy helps me to make a cool side income monthly
- Refund policy – Also read the terms and conditions for refund policy. For programs that cost you a bomb and do not have one, I would rather not go for it. This is like insurance where you can still back out when you feel the course is not as good as you thought.
- Ease of implementation – The course must be nicely structured and have a step by step instruction for you to implement the strategy.
- The Guru – Make sure the guru is able to show his own results that he is successful. If you feel that he/she is hiding something or unable to answer some of your questions, that will be a big red flag.
How Can I Start Dropshipping In Singapore
Everyone can start a dropshipping business anywhere anytime with just a laptop, internet and maybe a credit card. If you are wondering what are the options available, you may like to check out the comprehensive beginner’s dropshipping guide I wrote here.
To make it simple for you to understand, I will break it down in three simple steps below
- You need to first find some reliable dropshipping suppliers. You can check out some of the suppliers I have personally used before here. Please note that online retail suppliers tend to not have a competitive price. If you wanted to get the products directly from factories in China or tradeshows, you can check out the website here.
- You need a platform to list your products. The most common way nowadays is using Shopify as they have everything in place and you just need to know how to market your ecommerce site. They provide you with a free trial and monthly subscription thereafter which you can cancel anytime., set up a custom turnkey dropshipping website or start a WordPress website with a plugin like alidropship. Both ways should cost you less than 300USD to set up a dropshipping business. It is one of the cheapest business models online.
- Market your side through word of mouth, paid ads or social media channels like Facebook or Pinterest. Check out how you can get tonnes of free traffic with $2 here.
Can Money Be Made Drop Shipping
I have been doing drop shipping since 2016 in marketplaces and using websites. It is still a profitable business model for me till now bringing me 4 digits profits for me and my overseas partner monthly.
However, it takes a lot of hard work and perseverance. Even though you can run this business anywhere with just a laptop and internet, do not expect money to drop from the sky after a few clicks of the mouse.
Is Dropshipping Morally Wrong
I am not sure which part of it is morally wrong as drop shipping is not a new concept of business. Do you know that it is already appearing between the 60s and 70s by mail order companies before internet exist?[Source] It is common then for exclusive mail order companies to take advantage of mail order catalogues. These catalogues were small booklets delivered to mail that advertised a range of items with a markup.
When there are any orders, they will sent to fulfilment warehouse of major retail stores and ship out directly to the customer. The only difference from now and then is we are using different vehicles to sell the goods for a profit in the form of online suppliers, marketplaces and websites.
Who Has The Best Shopify Course
There are currently quite a few platforms out there that have courses teaching dropshipping using Shopify. I would like to share with you some platforms that I have used before. Just remember that there are almost 0% risk if you decide to buy one of the course to learn the skills of dropshipping.
Most online courses have 100% refund policy if you find that it doesn’t work for you. However, make sure you have really put in the time and effort before clicking the refund button. I have seen many cases where people abuse this due to their own laziness and weak mental strength to make the dropshipping business a success.
Udemy is an American online learning platform aimed at professional adults and students, developed in May 2010. As of Jan 2020, the platform has more than 50 million students and 57,000 instructors teaching courses in over 65 languages.[Source]
Udemy is one of my favorite platforms cause they have lots of courses and is very available at an affordable range of between 20 to 50 dollars a course. The above screenshot is one of the course i have bought before to learn about dropshipping on Shopify. You can learn this at the comforts of your home and at your own pace. If you are a Singaporean like me, do visit the skillsfuture site to see if you are able to claim for a course you buy from udemy.
Michael Karnjanaprakorn and Malcolm Ong started Skillshare in New York City, New York in November 2010; the site was live in April 2011.[Source] Even though they do not have as many shopify courses like udemy, a quick search for “shopify”as of 20th Apr 2020 garnered 103 results in their site.
Is Shopify Academy free
Surprise, surprise. According to their shopify academy site, learning all the courses from there is free. The free courses range from basic SEO, facebook ads, google ads, dropshipping basics and many more. You can check it out here. You do not have to sign up a store with them to have access to the courses even though they recommend you to start a trial
Are Shopify Courses Worth It
If you are just a beginner, any courses that will help to increase your skillsets and knowledge will be worth it. Dropshipping and Ecommerce business requires alot of experience and trial and error. However, it would definitely be worth it if you can pay someone to shorten your learning curve and avoid losing money figuring out yourself. Why reinvent the wheel when there are already people with proven methods out there.
I would recommend you to set aside a sum of money maybe 5% – 10% of your income as an education fund monthly. The best money spent will always be investing in yourself.